|Prep Time||15 minutes|
This recipe creates a favorfull harty pancake that will fill a family. This recipe is a modifation of the myrecipe.com the recipe to make it gluten free. I used Pamala's pancake mix. Some GF pancake mixes behave differently, so milage may vary. The recipe isn't a 1:1 change so I thought it deserved it's own recipe entry. Also the original recipes called for adding addition salt. I removed it from this recipe. Between the ham and the cheese, we found that the added salt was too much. If you are using low salt cheese or ham, you may want to add the additional salt back in.
- 1 1⁄2 c gluten-free pan cake mix
- 1 c milk, whole, white
- 1 t dill, dried
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 t cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 c cheese, shredded / cubed, cheddar cheese / montary jack
- 1 tbsp oil, vegatable / canola
- 1⁄2 c ham, smoked, chopped
- dill, fresh, spigs (optional)
- Combine the pancake mix, ham, and cayenne in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, cheese, egg, oil, and dill.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk just to combine.
- Let the batter rest according to the pancake-mix label directions. Use 5 minutes if you made your own mix.
- Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Spoon or pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle.
- Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Garnish with dill sprigs (if desired).